Friday, January 9, 2009

So blogging is all the rage, huh?

So, everyone says that blogging is all the rage. Here we go! I am not one for writing much or for journaling, so this may be the most boring blog ever. I'd like to focus this blog on real estate issues as I have associated it with my website, www.BuyTheBigSky.com My husband tells me there is a family blog somewhere, but I'll give this a shot first. After all, I have only been on Face Book a month or so and never really got into My Space at all.

What kind of information would be helpful to everyone? I think I will put a link to this on my neighborhood website so people in my own neighborhood can easily ask questions and dialogue about the real estate conditions here in Elk Grove and the Bozeman area. But I would love to help anyone out there with any questions or concerns you may have.

2009 seems to be starting off with a fresh outlook. Everyone is relieved to have 2008 behind them and are ready to start this year off with a more positive attitude. Whether or not you think that 2009 may or may not be better economically than '08, I remind you that perception becomes reality and there is definately a perception of "hope and change" out there.

Speaking of which, there is only 11 days until our new President is inaugurated. Whether you voted for him or not, it is essential to our country that this administration have success. Our economy and country depends on it.

So, market wise it seems that there is more activity among buyers. Interest rates are at a 30 year LOW and prices are at probably a 4 year low (OK, at least 2 year low!). I know you hear it all the time, but this really is a great time to buy. Whether you might need your first home, an investment property, interested in a distressed foreclosure, whatever your interests, I encourage you to start investigating the market. Look at several properties, keep updated on changes on existing and new listings and get educated. The internet is an endless source of information on real estate, prices and lending and the more educated you are, the better deal you will get all around. I'd be happy to help you get your feet wet. Call, email or text me anytime, oh, and don't forget to write on my blog!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have it so you can now post comments. You shouldn't have to sign in to any google account or anything. Your post will not show up immediately, I think I have to approve it first. Thanks for your patience!

    ReplyDelete